The Eco-Schools Program
The Eco-Schools is the largest global sustainable schools program stipulated stipulated by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE)
. It starts in the classroom and expands to the community by engaging the next generation in action-based learning. Eco-Schools program is a two-year commitment program. It encourages young people to engage in their environment by allowing them the opportunity to actively protect it. Through the program, young people experience a sense of achievement at being able to have a say in the environmental management policies of their schools, ultimately steering them towards certification and the prestige which comes with being awarded a Green Flag. To learn more about Eco-Schools CLICK HERE. click here
Starting from 2018, Qatar Green Building Council became the National Operator for Eco-Schools Qatar. QGBC works to maintain high standards and support the engaged schools through their positive actions to transform behavior in schools and communities towards sustainability.
How Eco-Schools Works
The Eco-Schools program consists of three structural elements:
- The Seven Steps Framework,
- The Eco-Schools Themes, &
- Assessment for the Green Flag.
The Award Process - Green Flag
The application process to become an Eco-School and get awarded the Green Flag is as follows:
- Submit the Registration Form and Pay the Registration fee to QGBC.
- (Fee will cover the two-year program enrollment period)
- Registered school shall comply with Eco-Schools program 7 Steps and Themes.
- After the 1st academic year, the registered school may apply to the Eco-Schools Silver Award and submit the required documents.
- After the 2nd academic year, the registered school submits the application form with supporting documents to QGBC for Green Flag award.
- The Green Flag will be renewed every two years.
- Eco-Schools Qatar Brief
- Eco-Schools Registeration Form
- Eco-Schools Application Form
- Eco-Schools Renewal Form
Tools & Resources
- Eco-Schools alignment with UN SDGs
- Eco-Schools institutional Partners
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive further details
For any question about criteria and audits, please contact Qatar Green Building Council, Eco-Schools National Operator:
QGBC Head of Communications
Qatar Green Building Council
P.O.Box 5825, Doha-Qatar
Tel. +974 4454 0238