CFD Simulation for Green Building Design - Online Workshop
Milad Mafi, Product Marketing Manager, SimScale
Hamoda Youssef, LEED Faculty, AP BD+C, WELL Faculty,AP, GSAS-CGP, Head of Communications, Qatar Green Building Council
Part 1: April 17th, 2018
Part 2: April 24th, 2018
Venue: online webinar
Timing: 03:00 pm Doha time
A CFD simulation tool can help engineers in predicting and optimizing the performance of HVAC systems and buildings in the early stage of the design process. This can be especially beneficial for the planning of green building projects where sustainable design, optimized energy performance, and air comfort play a crucial role in obtaining a LEED certification.
To introduce everyone to cloud-based CAE, SimScale and Qatar Green Building Council (QGBC) joined forces to deliver a free online workshop focused on teaching the application of fluid flow simulation in HVAC and AEC industries, tailored to the needs of Mechanical, HVAC, Building, and Sustainability Engineers. By participating, you will:
- Understand the fundamentals and potential of CFD for green building design projects
- Learn how to integrate cloud-based simulation to ensure compliance with LEED and ASHRAE 55 standards
- Receive a certificate of attendance and LEED CE hours accredited by the Qatar Green Building Council (QGBC)
- Qualify for a free professional training from SimScale (value 500€) when submitting a voluntary homework assignment
There is no prior knowledge or software required to join this workshop. All participants will get free access to SimScale with all the required simulation features. If you can’t attend the live sessions, we would still encourage you to register in order to receive the recordings.
Part 1: Energy Efficient Designs for Buildings
April 17th 2018, 3:00 pm Doha time
- During the first one-hour session, you will learn the fundamentals of fluid flow simulation and how it can be used to meet the requirements of the LEED green building rating system. Together with the instructor, you will analyze a case study example showcasing how displacement ventilation systems can help reduce energy consumption as compared to mixing ventilation systems.
April 24th 2018, 3:00 pm Doha time
Part 2: Thermal Comfort for Occupants
Fees per attendee:
- The second session will focus on the topic of thermal comfort. You will learn how to use fluid flow simulation to ensure compliance with ASHRAE 55 and other standards for thermal comfort in buildings. We will look into a case study where thermal comfort was optimized in an office space.
Qualify for a free professional training from SimScale (value 500€) when submitting a voluntary homework assignment
- free to attend online sessions