Aiming to increase awareness and knowledge of green building practices, we build capacity of industry professionals through ongoing professional development and research. Our efforts to build and engage an active membership body and network of stakeholders to champion the Green Building movement also extends to support the adoption, legislation & implementation of green building practice & standards.
QGBC’s operations are supported by three main pillars:
- Technical Expertise Development
- Promoting planned and feasible sustainable development by collaborating with industry leaders and experts to define a set of environmental and green building best practice guidelines based on recognized practices and systems.
- Research and Innovation
- Working with industry experts and authorities to research current practices and identify knowledge gaps and opportunities for improvement and innovation in Qatar’s built environment.
- This will support the establishment, communication and application of the green building guidelines and sustainability practices.
- Sustainability Education & Training
- Creating a green building and sustainability culture within the industry and the community, through education and communication and providing the industry professionals with expert training on sustainability and green building practices.
- Creating awareness in the community about the benefits, opportunities and practices of sustainability.
- Actively involving the community as participants and stakeholders in the sustainable growth of the country while promoting human, social and economic growth at the individual and community levels.
How we do it
- We increase awareness and knowledge of green building practices through monthly seminars and lectures and by making resources available online. We believe that customizing awareness sessions to specific stakeholders is of primary importance, part of which includes outreaching to universities and school
- We work towards building the capacity of industry professionals through regular accredited training courses and workshops [QSAS, LEED and BREAM]. QGBC also holds an annual conference that brings together all these stakeholders. These initiatives contribute to the development and effective communication of green building best practice guidelines
- By establishing expert committees from the industry we aim to build and engage an active membership body and network of stakeholders to champion the Green Building movement by. Maintaining benefits and the service range is fulfilled by conducting forums and networking sessions. The networking sessions especially go a long way in building partnership and sponsorship program with influential members of the private and public sectors
- We at QGBC, support the adoption, legislation and implementation of green building practice & standards by incentivizing and rewarding such efforts and at the same time encouraging green procurement by making databases of green oriented companies available
- By participating in international conferences, including World Green Building Councils and by actively pursuing the establishment of a MENA network of Green Building Councils, we continue to promote business opportunities and collaboration locally, regionally and internationally.